SWA is a solution-driven wealth management firm with advisors in Prior Lake, Minneapolis, Champlin, Coon Rapids, Lakeville and Long Lake, Minnesota. However, we work with clients across the United States. As a fiduciary for our clients, we help clients identify their specific life goals, and by designing an objective financial game plan; outlining unique opportunities to be utilized to achieve those goals, which typically include:
• Planning for retirement (i.e. when, where, how much, etc.)
• Potentially improve portfolio performance by using passive, low-cost, tax-efficient securities, and designing strategies to invest available dollars more tax effectively using an Asset Location Strategy approach
• By using our extensive tax background, we design and implement multi-year tax minimization strategies including concentrated stock and stock option planning, strategic Roth IRA conversions, and many other strategies
• Generate ideas to better leverage small business ownership
• Review of mortgage / debt and potentially assist with interest reduction techniques
• Estate plan design and implementation assistance
• Review of life, disability and property casualty insurance coverages for appropriate coverage levels
Our advisors are all Certified Financial PlannersTM with three being Certified Public Accountants and two others being Enrolled Agents. We leverage our tax expertise in our portfolio management techniques (via our Asset Location Strategy) as well as employing multi-year tax minimization tactics.
• Asset Location Strategy: We construct client portfolios to leverage the most tax-appropriate securities in the most advantageous locations (taxable, tax-deferred and tax-free).
• Tax Minimization: We design and execute a variety of tax reduction opportunities including (but certainly not limited to) creating a tax-effective savings plan, strategic Roth IRA conversions, tax-reducing charitable contribution approaches.
• Tax-Efficient Withdrawal Strategy: We design a client-specific action plan for tax-effectively generating a cash flow stream from a retiring client’s various cash producing resources. Those resources typically include pension income, Social Security benefits, taxable, tax-deferred and tax-free account drawdowns, rental income and the sale of a business.